The “Bike Bro” is a comprehensive, reliable dual camera HD front & rear camera system and recorder (DVR) designed exclusively for Motorcycle use.
- Dual Channel Synchronised Recording
- HD Quality featuring two discrete Cameras for front and rear mounting
- Automatic Recording – starts to record automatically whenever the bike is started
- Auto Switch Off – Stops recording and shuts down automatically after bike is parked
- Recorded video resolution of 1280 x 720 per camera
- Captured “Event” files are retained and protected from being overwritten
- Waterproof 140 degree wide angle lens cameras with hi-tack 3M adhesive mounts
- Compact 6.5cm x 5.8cm DVR control unit with 2.0” TFT Colour Display
- Optional Handlebar mounted event capture button for manual footage recording
- Built in G-Shock impact sensor (variable sensitivity)
- Event Pre-Record Function
- Loop Recording to Micro SD Card (Up to 32GB supported)
- Time and Date Stamp on footage
- Bike Powered with internal Battery Back-up (no battery packs to recharge)
- Menu driven via built in screen for easy set up
- Locking Automotive Grade waterproof connectors for long term reliability
- No Overheating issues – allowing very long periods of continuous use
- Smart Power Option for CANBUS Bikes (eg BMW, Triumph)
- Waterproof GPS Sensor
- AVI Video Format
- Footage playback of both Front and Rear Cameras simultaneously
- 25 f/s Video Frame Rate
- Easy to fit – Easy to use.
- Main DVR Unit can easily be removed for security – simply unplug from loom
- Share one DVR Unit easily between two bikes with our second bike hardware kit
- Designed for Bike Use, but also suitable for Cars & Vans (with Camera Extension Kit)
- 12 Month Warranty
- 7 Day Customer Support (via Email outside of normal working hours)
The “Bike Bro” comes complete with everything you need to install on any Motorcycle. The retail package consists of the following items.
- Main Control Unit / DVR with built in high brightness colour display
- 2x Waterproof HD Cameras for Front and Rear Mounting
- 2.5 Metre Cable Length on each Camera (Extension Kit Also Available)
- Power supply for 10v – 30v operation
- Generous wiring loom with waterproof connectors for plug and play installation
- Fixtures, Mounting Bracket, Genuine 3M Adhesive Mounts, Cable Ties etc
- Micro SD – USB dongle for direct viewing of footage on PC
**GPS Module and Manual Capture Button available as options**
Sample Video Footage Recorded on the “Bike Bro” System
“Bike Bro” System mounted on a BMW R1200GS in Wales, Bala to Rhug
“Bike Bro” Review by Advanced Biker on his Youtube Channel
The compact 6.5cm x 5.8cm DVR Control unit is small enough to be mounted under the seat, or next to the Bike Battery. A mounting bracket is also supplied.
The DVR Control Unit can easily be removed from the Bike for security or storage purposes if required, simply by unplugging four connectors. The additional purchase of a second bike hardware kit will also allow one DVR to easily be shared between two bikes, without the expense of having to purchase two complete systems.
Unlike some other dash camera products on the market, our DVR uses automotive grade waterproof locking connectors for power and cameras, and not micro usb connectors. USB connectors are intended for computer or domestic products and are not designed to withstand the constant vibration and movement encountered on the roads or during an impact. Loose connectors, can eventually mean intermittent picture loss, video interference or entire lost video footage, at a time when you may rely on it the most.
The optional wired rider dual ‘panic’ button is designed for mounting on the handlebars, where a single press of either button can be used to trigger a manual locked video capture event from both cameras in order to record and preserve instances such as road rage, ‘brake testing’, or dangerous driving by other road users. Each press of the button results in a one minute protected video file being retained, (starting from 10 seconds prior to the button being pressed). Any footage captured using this method (or during an accident impact) will be retained as a locked file on the SD Card protecting it from being overwritten during the process of normal loop recording. The ‘panic’ button also contains a built in microphone for audio capture around the rider. Long pressing of the button allows for remote on/off switching of the DVR from the seat, for periods that you may not wish to record.
The purchase of the Bike Bro package which has the GPS module, will allow you to record the GPS position, speed, acceleration, etc within each recorded file whilst riding, which will then be displayed alongside the video footage when using the Nortek video playback software on a PC or Mac. A built in scrolling map window within the video player also displays the GPS road position of the Bike in relation to where the clip was recorded, and the direction of travel whilst the footage is being played back.
Speed information is not displayed on the actual raw video footage (Some customers may prefer not to have this information stamped and freely visible on the actual video, such as during a road side stop for example), however the speed information is still captured but only becomes visible when using our Bike Bro GPS Playback software.
Screenshot of the Bike Bro GPS PC / MAC software below (Click image for full sized view)
Smart Power Option
The standard power supply, which is included with the Bike Bro requires connection to a switched Ignition Circuit such as a tail light in order to automatically switch the recorder on/off in relation to the Bike being used. Purchasing the optional “Smart Power” unit, will allow direct connection to the Bike Battery, automatically switching the recorder on and off in relation to normal engine vibration being sensed, as an alternative to using a switched circuit or hogging any accessory socket. This is an option which should be purchased if your bike uses a CANBUS System (E.g BMW, Triumph), LED Tail lights or on ANY bike, where you simply don’t wish to splice into the existing wiring or having to trace an ignition controlled circuit.
The background current consumed by the Power Unit when the DVR has shut down is very little (under 1 ma). The fitting instructions for the Smart Power Unit, are available on the link below.
Second Bike Kit Option
Due to popular demand, we now offer a complete second set of hardware for the Bike Bro excluding the main control unit. The kit includes a pair of additional cameras, Standard Power Supply Unit and Mounting Fixtures which allows the hardware to be fitted to a second bike. This then allows one portable DVR control unit to easily be shared, simply by moving it between two different bikes. Useful for customers who own or have access to more than one bike whilst saving money over buying two complete Bike Bro systems. Please Note:- This kit does not include a Manual Capture Button, Smart Power unit or GPS Sensor, so if these options are required for use with the second bike kit they will need to be purchased individually at the time of ordering.
Bike Bro Manuals and Fitting Guides
The “Bike Bro” is competitively priced, and attractive discounts are also available for retailers and distributors of Motorcycle Accessories as well as group buys from Motorcycle Clubs, Associations and Forums. Please contact us for more information on group discounts and distributor prices. Forum administrators may also contact us for an exclusive discount code for their members to use.
Choosing a Suitable Memory Card
Normal SD Memory Cards, even those manufactured by the well known brands are not designed for the constant writing / re-writing cycles required by DVR Systems, where every hour of recording is the equivalent to taking and then deleting thousands of photos!. Normal cards will quickly fail or produce poor quality footage when exposed to this kind of continuous duty cycle and you will find that virtually all of the memory card manufacturers will not honour their card warranty when used in this type of application. You may also find that a non compatible memory card will be rejected by the DVR at switch on, or cause the DVR to work erratically, not capture GPS data or even crash. For this reason we recommend the purchase of a fast class 10 UHS-1 SD Card designed for DVR use, and so we highly recommend the purchase of our dedicated High Endurance 32GB SD Card for use in the Bike Bro System.
The ‘Bike Bro’ can be purchased online by using the form below
Delivery Charge:- A flat rate of £10 is charged for UK Mainland Delivery. We can also ship the “Bike Bro” to customers in Europe, USA, Canada & Australia the shipping costs are displayed on our shopping cart prior to checkout.
We are always pleased to receive Bike Bro footage from our customers to add to our Youtube Channel / Website. To send us your video files please use the Free Wetransfer website . Please use the email address bikebro(at)nortek.co.uk in the ‘send to’ email address field on the wetransfer form. (Replacing the (at) with the usual @ symbol).